DR Congo vs Zambia Prediction: The Leopards of the Congo take on Chipolopolo

 | January 17 24 | 

4 mins read

Two-time champions of the CAF Africa Cup of Nations the Democratic Republic of the Congo will take on the 2012 CAF Africa Cup of Nations Champions Zambia, affectionally know as Chipolopolo. More than a decade on from that historic run in this competition, they are back, and they open their account with a clash against well-seasoned campaigners who themselves have not tasted glory in ages. Last winning this competition in 1974.

Here are markets to consider adding to your bet slip...

DR Congo vs Zambia Betting Tips

  • Double Chance – Draw or Away 39/100
  • Both Teams to Score – Yes 28/25
  • Anytime Goal Scorer – Patson Daka 27/10

DR Congo vs Zambia Match Odds

These two teams are so evenly matched that it is hard to pick a winner. The data points to a even contest with the win probability indicating a 34% chance of DR Congo win, a 31% chance of a Draw and a 35% chance of a Zambia win. history between these two sides has not been kind to Zambia, they have never won a match against the leopards. They have met twice before in this competition and Zambia lost to Congo in the semifinals on the 2009 edition of this competition. The other fixture ended in a draw and that was in the group stages of this competition in 2015.

Recent form is poor on both sides, the Leopards come into this game on the back of two losses in a row while their opponents have not been able to secure a win in their last two matches. These are the facts; Zambia have not kept a clean sheet in their last three outings. Congo has only one win in their last six matches.

Whichever team you choose to back, one thing is very clear, anything can happen in this fixture. Teams experiencing a poor run of form usually come alive in matches like this and it is hard to tell between these two sides which team will come alive. The odds ahead of kick off are sitting at 7/4 DR Congo, 39/20 for the draw and 33/20 for a Zambia win. Trust your gut and back the market you trust is correct.  

 

Double Chance – Draw or Away 39/100

The double chance gives you a lifeline incase your initial thought is that the away side will win but you want to make enough room for disappointment. That is the case in this match, looking at the win probability as a reference, there is not enough to convince me that the DR Congo and go on and take this match. However, I am not fully confident in Zambia’s ability to walk away with all three points on the opening day of their CAF Africa Cup of Nations campaign. That is why my recommendation would be to use the lifeline offered by the double chance and back the Draw or Away market that is sitting at 39/100 at the time of this articles publishing. 

Both Teams to Score – Yes 28/25

I am a big fan of the phrase, history repeats itself. If you are to investigate the history between these two sides, or the lack there off. In the two matches they have played out, both encounters ended with both teams on the scoresheet. For Zambia this is also true for all three their previous matches. Congo on the other hand have struggled to keep a clean sheet and have been very thin in the goal scoring department. 8 out of their last 9 games have ended with less than 2.5 goals scored. With everything considered, I would recommend you consider the both teams to score market – Yes 28/25 as part of your bet slip.  

Anytime Goal Scorer – Patson Daka 27/10

A frustrating season at club level for Patson Daka with 8 appearances, 4 goals and 2 assists to his name. He finds himself having to down in the packing order behind Kelechi Iheanacho, and Jamie Vardy who both have played almost double the minutes played by the Zambian Star. Although his stats at club level have been disappointing this season, he has been a star for his nation. Scoring 10 goals in 14 appearances during Zambia’s CAF Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers. He is a player must consider as part of your bet slip. Especially if you like to bet on goal scorers. The odds on him being anytime goal scorer in this match are set at 27/10 

Share Article

(Visited 62 times, 1 visits today)