Galatasaray vs Manchester United Prediction: Can Man United take league form into Champions League?

 | 28th November | 

3 mins read

Galatasaray host Manchester United on Wednesday evening (17:45) at Rams Park. Erik Ten Hag’s Red Devils sit rock bottom of Group A in the UEFA Champions League; however, it is not all doom and gloom for Manchester United in Europe because mathematically they are still in with a chance. Only one point separates second from fourth in group A, with just two games left to play in the group stages.  

Here are markets to consider adding to your bet slip... 

Galatasaray vs Manchester United Betting Tips

  • Anthony Martial anytime goal scorer - 41/20 (Bookabet code: 889181)
  • Alejandro Garnacho anytime goal scorer - 16/5 (Bookabet code: 162105)
  • Mauro Icardi anytime goal scorer - 61/50 (Bookabet code: 202504)

Match Odds

On paper these two teams are hard to separate. Galatasaray came into this game with four wins in their last seven games, two of their last three games being back-to-back losses.

Manchester United have had the better run of form in the last three games with two wins in a row and a loss. This puts the win probability slightly in Manchester united favour at 38%, Galatasaray’s win probability is at 36% and the Draw is sitting at 26%. Looking at the odds, Manchester United are sitting on 31/20, while Galatasaray is sitting on 8/5 and the draw is on 27/10.

The group is currently incredibly open with one point separating Manchester United, Copenhagen, and Galatasaray. With Copenhagen facing Bayern Munich, the fate of Manchester United and Galatasaray will be decided in this game. A loss or draw for Manchester United will mean that they need to get all three points against Bayern Munich on the final day to secure passage to the next round.

Galatasaray scored at least one goal in each of their last 10 games, while Manchester United has managed to score at least one goal in each of their last 4 games, including high scoring encounters with Everton and Copenhagen. A double chance & total goals for a draw/away & over 2.5 is sitting on odds of 8/5 and home/draw & over 2.5 is sitting on 33/20. Both teams need all three points if they are to maintain their stay in the Champions League, meaning this might be a goal fest.

Anthony Martial anytime goal scorer - 41/20 (Bookabet code: 889181)

Manchester United will be without Rasmus Hojlund, who is out with a muscle strain and is expected back in early December. His absence presents an opportunity for Anthony Martial to back the centre forwards role. The odds on Martial being an any time goal scorer in this game sit at 41/20. Good odds on a player who scored the last time out at Goodison Park.

Alejandro Garnacho anytime goal scorer - 16/5 (Bookabet code: 162105)

A player who continues to impress is Alejandro Garnacho, who scored a spectacular goal against Everton at Goodison Park. It is one that you do not want to miss. He is sitting on 16/5 to score at anytime against Galatasaray. The 19-year-old is having a season to remember with 11 appearances, five starts and one goal this season in the Premier League. He will be trying to get his first Champions League goal, if Erik Ten Hag picks him mid-week.

Mauro Icardi anytime goal scorer - 61/50 (Bookabet code: 202504)

Galatasaray has recruited well this season, and it is showing in their numbers. The Turkish side has impressive attacking options spear headed by Mauro Icardi. Mauro has managed to secure 21 goal contributions in 21 appearances for Galatasaray this season. This includes three goals in his last four appearances in the Champions League, with one goal coming against Manchester United for the Argentine goal poacher. The odds on him scoring against United at any time during the match are sitting on 61/50. If you think he will be the first or the last goal scorer in this fixture the odds are at 21/5. If you are going to add goal scorers to your bet slip, he is one you cannot ignore.

Share Article

(Visited 35 times, 1 visits today)