Manchester City vs Fluminense Prediction: Intercontinental Cup Classic

 | December 21 23 | 

2 mins read

Chelsea vs Palmeiras 2021, Liverpool vs Flamengo 2019 and Real Madrid vs Gremio 2017. Before the expansion of this competition in 2000 by FIFA. It was known as the Intercontinental Cup. First established in the 1960s to answer the age-old question. Who played better football, the South Americans, or the Europeans. On Friday evening we will witness this show down again, European Champions vs South American Champions.

Here are markets to consider adding to your bet slip...

Manchester City vs Fluminense Betting Tips

  • Win the Final – Fluminense 22/5
  • Overtime – Yes 4/1

Manchester City vs Fluminense Match Odds 

Manchester City are seeking their first world title. Pep Guardiola has been here before with Barcelona, but he too will recognize that times have changed. Fluminense boasts a squad of players who have played their soccer in Europe’s elite competitions. This squad has forty-year-old Felipe Melo, and thirty-five-year-old Marcelo formerly of Real Madrid.

Besides the experienced heads, there is some young talent brewing upfront, John Kennedy and Giovanni being players to look out for. Win Probability has leaned heavily on the European’s side. Giving them a 70% chance of winning, Fluminense have an 11% chance and there is a 19% chance that this match ends as a draw and subsequently must go on to penalties.

The odds ahead of kick off are 31/100 for a Manchester City win, 23/5 for a draw and 43/5 for a Fluminense away win.

Win the Final – Fluminense 22/5 

It has been a decade of European domination in this competition. Many non-European challengers have tried but have failed, the latest being Al-Hilal when they faced off against current title holders Real Madrid in last year's edition. The last non-European side to lift the FIFA Club World Cup trophy was Brazilian side Corinthians. When they faced debutants Chelsea in 2012. 

This is the first time since 2012 that the UEFA Champions League has had a first-time winner. We might see history repeat itself and that is why I have gone for Fluminense to win the final at 22/5 odds.  

Overtime – Yes 4/1

Fluminense will not be an easy nut to crack for Manchester City. Their recent form has seen them lose just twice in nine games. Fluminense will be boosted by Manchester City’s growing injury list which includes star players like Kevin De Bruyne and Erling Haaland. Without their main men, this match will most probably spill over into overtime. if that were to happen the odds on the overtime yes market are set at 4/1. 

Share Article

(Visited 18 times, 1 visits today)