South Africa vs DR Congo Prediction: Bafana look to secure the bronze

 | February 09 24 | 

2 mins read

Despite all of Bafana Bafana’s efforts, Nigeria proved why they are odds-on favorites to win this year’s CAF Africa Cup on Nations. The game went down to penalties, and it ended in Nigerian delight. Dr Congo faced the other semifinalist Côte d’Ivoire a lost that game by the odd goal. With the bronze medal up for grabs, who will be taking it home between these two sides?

Here are markets to consider adding to your bet slip...

Bafana Bafana vs DR Congo Betting Tips

  • Double Chance – Draw or Away 33/100  
  • Anytime Goal Scorer – Teboho Mokoena 22/5 
  • Anytime Goal Scorer – Yoane Wissa 13/5

Double Chance – Draw or Away 33/100

There is not much to separate these two sides ahead of kick off. They have met three times since 2004 with results evenly split. One win for each side and a draw. The last time these two teams met, South Africa was victorious. After challenging tournament like these two teams have had we can expect both to play an open game, looking to secure a bronze medal. 

Win probability has slightly split these two sides with South Africa having a 30% chance of walking away victorious while their opponents, the DR Congo, have a 41% chance of picking up the win. The chance of a draw is 29% but this being a cup match, they would go on to extra time and eventually penalties. In my observation, I doubt that these two teams will go beyond the prescribed 90 minutes. 

 

Anytime Goal Scorer – Teboho Mokoena 22/5 

Teboho Mokoena has had an outstanding tournament. Besides the penalty miss in the game against Nigeria, he has been flawless. It is without doubt that he will have a positive effect on proceedings in this match. Being on penalty duty means that he is a talented player to have as any time goal scorer because, if South Africa are awarded a penalty in this game, you are guaranteed he will find the back of the net. The odds on him being anytime goal scorer are 22/5 

 

Anytime Goal Scorer – Yoane Wissa 13/5 

The French born-Congolese Stricker will be a threat for South Africa’s defense. With two goals already in the tournament you can expect him to try his best to extend his tally against Bafana Bafana. The odds of him being anytime goal scorer in this match are 13/5.  

Share Article

(Visited 119 times, 1 visits today)