Stellenbosch vs Cape Town City Prediction: All eyes on the Mother City

 | December 08 23 | 

3 mins read

Stellenbosch FC welcome Cape Town City to the winelands for a DSTV Premiership clash that has all the hallmarks of a mouth-watering encounter. Cape Town City sit second on the table and Stellenbosch sit in fourth. Only separated by five points. They will be play for way more than pride on Friday night.

Here are markets to consider adding to your bet slip  

Stellenbosch FC vs Cape Town City Betting Tips

  • 3 Way – Draw 2/1 
  • Double Chance – Home or Draw 11/25
  • Total Goals – Under 1.5 10/7 

3 Way – Draw 2/1 

On paper these two teams are hard to separate. Win probability leans slighty in Cape Town City’s Favor with a 36% chance for Cape Town City to walk away with all three points, 33% chance of Stellenbosch winning and 31% chance of a draw. On paper there is really nothing to split these two teams. However, these two teams have met 8 times in recent history with Stellenbosch taking 63% of the wins and Cape Town city only being victorious 25% of the time. The last time they met Stellenbosch won the match 3-2 in the DSTV Premiership.   

The odds on either team winning this game are currently set at 37/20 for Stellenbosch to win, 31/20 for Cape Town City to win and 2/1 for the draw. Both these teams come into this match on a 3-game winning streak. However, these streaks end here for both teams and a draw is the most likely result priced at 2/1.

Double Chance – Home or Draw 11/25 

Cape Town City, away from home, has not been the most prolific team in the DSTV Premiership. They have struggled on the road, only managing 4 wins, 1 draw and 3 loses in 8 matches. They have also struggled to keep clean sheets on the road, they have conceded 7 goals and scored 8. If they are to walk away with a result against Stellenbosch, form alone will not be enough. 

Stellenbosch have not made a fortress of their home stadium the Danie Craven Stadium this season. They have registered 3 wins and 3 loses in their last 6 games at home. They have conceded just as many goals as they have scored at home, scoring 7 and conceding 7. This team has been in good form, but they face an equally good side in Cape Town City. 

If this match is to have a winner, it will be a slender margin. Which are usually very fragile and could change with one goal keeping error or moment of brilliance. A double chance bet would be able to hedge that risk. Based on recent form Stellenbosch are the team to back if this game does in end in a draw. That is why we have chosen double chance home or draw with odds set at 11/25 

Total Goals – Under 1.5 10/7 

This bet is not for the faint-hearted, the history between these two sides at the Danie Craven Stadium has not produced a goalless encounter. They have met 4 times since 2019 and each match ended with a 1 goal deficit. When they met in January of 2023, the game ended with 5 goals on the score board and a win for Stellenbosch. This encounter will be complete opposite, with total goals under 1.5 10/7.

Share Article

(Visited 21 times, 1 visits today)