Urawa Reds vs Manchester City Prediction: European Champions Make their World Cup Debut

 | December 18 23 | 

3 mins read

It is hard to imagine that with all their recent success Manchester City have not featured in the FIFA Club World Cup. This being their first time as UEFA Champions League title holders, they will represent Europe in this Years edition of the intercontinental competition. Their first test is AFC Champions League winners Urawa Red Diamonds of Japan. 

Here are markets to consider adding to your bet slip...

Urawa Reds vs Manchester City Betting Tips

  • Both teams to score – Yes 31/25
  • To Qualify – Manchester City 3/50

Urawa Red Diamonds vs Manchester City Match Odds  

The last 10 instalments of FIFA Club World Cup have been won by the European Champions. Real Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Liverpool FC, and Barcelona have all lifted the FIFA Club World Cup trophy at least once in that time. This puts Manchester City as odds on favorites to not only win this match but also to go on and with the entire tournament.

The Asian Champions Urawa Reds hail from the land of the Sun Japan. Where they have impressed both domestically and on the continent. They beat North American champions Club Leon in the earlier rounds of this competition to secure this show down in the second semifinal against the European champions Manchester City. 

Win Probability gives Manchester City an 81% chance of winning this match, which will come as no surprise to soccer fans around the World. The Urawa Reds are the obvious under dogs with a 6% chance of going on to win this match. Leaving just a 13% chance for this match to end as a draw. Whatever the result this match will mean a lot to both side's fans.

Ahead of kick off, the odds for this game are set as follows 15/1 Urawa win, 34/5 draw and 17/100 Manchester City win. 

Both teams to score – Yes 31/25

Urawa is a team with goals in them. They have scored in everyone one of their last 8 games. Manchester City are on a conceding streak of 8 games. City have not been the team they were last season defensively but you can always count on them finding the back of the net. However, that does not mean that Urawa will have an easy route to the goal. They will have to work for their goals and they will be boosted by the rest time they have had. history has shown that in games like this the smaller side might just strike it lucky and get away with a lucky goal. If you count on that happening, you might want to have both teams to score market yes 31/25 as part of your bet slip.   

To Qualify – Manchester City 3/50 

Manchester City are pegged to be the winners of this encounter. However, with this match coming days after Manchester City’s last in action on the 19th of December just 3 days before the kickoff against Urawa Reds. You can expect the citizens will be a little jet legged and this match might not go as smoothly as many expect it to go. Hence, we recommend having the To Qualify market as part of your bet slip with Manchester City to Qualify 3/50.

Share Article

(Visited 10 times, 1 visits today)