Brentford vs Manchester City Prediction: Golden opportunity to close the gap on LFC

 | February 05 24 | 

3 mins read

Everyone who is associated with Manchester City was sitting on the edge of their seats yesterday as Arsenal put 3 past Liverpool to take all three points and leave Jurgen Klopp and the Liverpool faithful heart broken. This has presented a unique opportunity for Manchester City to close the game to their rivals.  

Here are markets to consider adding to your bet slip...

Brentford vs Manchester City Betting Tips

  • 3 Way – Manchester City 9/25
  • Anytime goal scorer – Ivan Toney 53/20 
  • Anytime Goal Scorer – Julian Alvarez 57/50

3 Way – Manchester City 9/25 

A game in hand and a five-point gap to close. Pep Guardiola and his Manchester City team have a lot of work to do if they are to retain their Premier League title. Liverpool was victim to Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal on Sunday evening. A game that everyone associated with Manchester City must have been watching with fingers crossed. If City were to win this game against Brentford and their game in hand, they would lead the league table by the odd point. 

Win probability is far from split, as Brentford are sitting on a 12% chance of winning against Manchester City, 18% chance of this game ending in a draw and a 70% chance of Manchester City walking away with all three points. Manchester City have been flawless in their last 7 games, winning 7 out of 7. Brentford has struggled for form in recent times with 1 win, 1 draw in their last 7. 

Brentford will look to repeat last season’s home performance when they beat Manchester City 1-0 at the Brentford Community Stadium. The last time Manchester City beat Brentford away from home was in December of 2021. Liverpool and Arsenal fans will be hoping that Brentford can do them a favor and win against Manchester City. The odds-on Manchester City winning this game are 9/25 

 

Anytime goal scorer – Ivan Toney 53/20

Back from suspension and straight into the goals. Ivan Toney is a player you cannot write off. Since returning from suspension, he has featured twice for Brentford and on both occasions, he was on the score sheet. Manchester City will be aware of how dangerous he can be. The odds on him finding the back of the net at any time in this match are set at 53/20. 

 

Anytime Goal Scorer – Julian Alvarez 57/50 

A footballer that has completed football and does not get enough recognition is Julian Alvarez. He has contributed 15 goals and 10 assists in 32 games for Manchester City this season. He is amongst the best center forwards in modern day football and a player that should not be overlooked. With Haaland and Kevin De Bruyne back, he will benefit from the supply provided by Kevin and the presence of Haaland dragging defenders away from him. The odds on him being an anytime goal scorer is set at 57/50. 

Share Article

(Visited 40 times, 1 visits today)