Morocco vs Tanzania Prediction: The Atlas lions are on the hunt again

 | January 16 24 | 

3 mins read

It has been 47 years since the Atlas Lions ruled the African Continent. The African National Team of the Year winners 2023, have a lot to prove coming into this edition of the tournament especially after their impressive run in the 2022 FIFA World Cup where they finished fourth. 

Here are markets to consider adding to your bet slip…

Morocco vs Tanzania Betting Tips

  • 3 Way – Morocco 3/10
  • 1st Goal – Morocco 7/25
  • Anytime Goal Scorer – Youssef En-Nesyri 7/5

3 Way – Morocco 3/10

The Atlas Lions will be hoping to take their 2022 FIFA World Cup form into the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations. This team flew Africa and the Arab World’s Flags high when they knocked out Portugal from the 2022 FIFA World Cup and advanced to the Semi-Finals of that competition. Morocco is currently Africa’s highest ranked team on the FIFA rankings. They sit in 13th position behind the USA and Uruguay. Tanzania will have a big task on their hands if they are to cause and upset and walk away with all three points from this fixture.

Tanzania have faced Morocco as recent as 21st of November 2023. That game ended with a 0-2 loss for Tanzania in the CAF World Cup Qualifiers. It is a classic David vs Goliath story. Even the win probability indicates that there is a 72% chance of Morocco walking away with all three points, 19% chance that this game will end in a draw and 9% chance that this game will end in an upset.  

 With all the data considered, we recommend adding a Morocco win 3/10 to your winning bet slip. 

1st Goal – Morocco 7/25

Morocco come into this fixture on the back of three wins in a row. They have also been in the fortunate position to have won the first half in four out of the five matches played. They have goals in them, and they are bright starters. Pair that with the fact that Tanzania have not been able to keep a clean sheet in their last three matches. It creates conditions that may see Morocco opening the scoring and leading the game from early on. The odds-on Morocco opening the scoring are 7/25. 

 

Anytime Goal Scorer – Youssef En-Nesyri 7/5

Sevilla front man Youssef En-Nesyri will be one you should look out for. He is having a decent season and club level with 9 goals in 25 appearances for Sevilla. It would be to your detriment to overlook him as a goal threat ahead of kick off. For the national side he featured 66 times and scored 19 goals. He comes into this edition of the CAF Africa Cup of nations with one of the best teams Africa has to offer. That is why we recommend having him as one of your selections. The odds on him scoring at any time in this fixture are at 7/5.

Share Article

(Visited 84 times, 1 visits today)