Supersport United vs Mamelodi Sundowns Prediction: The Tshwane derby is a fight for top spot

 | November 29 23 | 

2 mins read

Mamelodi Sundowns are 8 matches into the DSTV Premiership season, and they have not suffered a single loss. They have 24 points, 17 goals scored, and 3 goals conceded this season. Due to their commitments in Africa, they have 4 games in hand coming into the clash with cross city rivals Supersport United.  

Here are markets to consider adding to your bet slip...  

Supersport United vs Mamelodi Sundowns Tips

  • Match Odds Away win– 12/11 
  • Both Teams to Score Yes – 1/1 
  • Double Chance Draw or Away – 13/50

Match Odds

To the man on the street this game is one that you expect Mamelodi Sundown’s to win. However, you cannot afford to write off Supersport United who currently sit 3rd in the DSTV Premiership and need a change in fortunes. They have one draw, a loss and three wins in their last five matches.

Match Odds Away win– 12/11 

Supersport United has struggled to keep a clean sheet in 6 out of their last 6 games. Mamelodi Sundowns have been the first time to score in 5 out of their last 6 games. If you are going to back Mamelodi Sundowns, the odds are currently sitting on 12/11. Odds on a Supersport United win is sitting on 13/5 and 21/10 for the draw.

Both Teams to Score Yes – 1/1 

Away from home, Mamelodi Sundowns has managed to score 8 goals in 5 games this season. They only conceded one goal on the road, and they have played more away games in the DSTV Premiership this season than home games. One might argue that they are just as comfortable on the road as they are at home.

Supersport United have suffered just one defeat this season in the DSTV Premiership at home. They have dropped more points on the road than they have at home. Supersport United has 1 defeat in 5 at home and no draws. On the road they have played 7 games and won 3, drew 2 and lost 2.

We expect both teams to find the back of the next, because they will both be gunning for a result in this game. The odds on Both Teams to score are at 1/1.

Double Chance Draw or Away – 13/50

This game is delicately balanced, the win probability gives Supersport united a 26% chance of winning this game. Mamelodi Sundowns has a 44% chance of winning and there is a 30% Chance this game might end in a draw.

A double chance bet on Home or Draw is sitting on 31/50 and alternatively a Draw or Away is 13/50. If you are looking back at the teams either team to win, the odds-on Home or Away are set to 8/25.

Share Article

(Visited 18 times, 1 visits today)